9/28/2010

Have a seat


And forward we go. I’d like to share with you some photos of a project that has been keeping me busy lately. I love the concept of the witch hunters’ throne of judgment.  Unfortunately the model,  although still very nice, doesn’t much resemble the artwork in the codex, the scale in particular it’s all wrong, it’s like half as high as it should be. So, I decided to use a pair of forgeworld dreadnought’s feet  instead of the silly flat ones that come with the model to enhance the height a bit.























Then I started working on the torso. It would have been nice of me to take some step-by-step pictures, as it took me a few hours,  but this was one of the cases of those conversions you vaguely have in mind and that define themselves as you go on chopping and gluing. Thus, I have pictures of the finished torso only:























And who’s that creepy guy sitting there in the place of Karamazov?  Well, It’s an old model indeed, some of you might still recognize it thought…place your bets!
Since I want this guy to count both as Karamazov and a venerable dreadnought (possibly even a librarian if I’m ever to play BA) I will keep the arms switchable
























I like him so much, that I decided to make another one!  This time I’ll start from the objective marker of space hulk, a wonderful little gem of a sculpt (like everything from the space hulk box actually). Also, I got me a pair of venerable dreadnoughts hands for the future…










































seems like someone is going to have a new shiny sword :)

MATT

No comments:

Post a Comment